How to Load a Bike on the Bus
All Lextran buses are equipped with racks that hold 2 bicycles on the front bumper. Our racks are equipped for non-motorized, single-seat, two-wheel bicycles. No bicycle of any kind is allowed inside the bus, including foldable. Space on the rack is on a first-come, first-serve basis. You may be asked to wait for the next bus if the rack is full. Below are the steps to take when loading and unloading your bike. There are also steps written on the rack.
1. Be sure the bus has come to a complete stop and acknowledge the driver before stepping in front of the bus. Always approach the front of the bus from the curb side.
2. Squeeze the handle to release and lower the bicycle rack.
3. Lift your bicycle up to rest in the rack and fit your tires into the slots. If there is not currently a bicycle on the rack, please place yours as close the bus as possible.
4. Pull the hook out and raise it to place it over your front tire as close to the frame as possible to secure the bike.
5. Remove any loose or obstructive items, including panniers and board the bus normally.
To Unload a Bike from the Bus
1. Exit through the front door and let the driver know that you have a bike on the rack.
2. Pull the hook up off of the front tire and lower it all the way down.
3. Remove your bike from the rack.
4. If there are no other bicycles, squeeze the handle and lift the rack all the way back into an upright position until it clicks into place.
If your bike or accessories are forgotten on the bus, please contact Customer Service at 859-253-4636 between 6 a.m. and 6 p.m. Monday – Friday or Saturday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. Lextran is not responsible for lost items.